WR-500 Remote Setup
Please note that the WR-500 pairs a bit differently than the WR-450, it is instead paired to the DV Prompter app rather than to iOS directly.
- The WR-500 uses Bluetooth 4 and does not need to be paired in your device settings, the app connects to the remote when you start the first script and will stay connected until closed.
- For a list of compatible devices, please see this article
- Look for the Bluetooth icon in the lower right hand corner of your script while it is running, this confirms that the connection is active.
- This is by design and we are working on an update that will maintain the connection as long as the whole app isn’t closed.
- We recommend not minimizing the app or having your screen shut off or go to sleep during your production. If this happens, just return the remote to Wired mode and back to Wireless again by following the below steps.
- Load the app, select WR-500 Bluetooth as your remote type
- The remote defaults to wired mode and you can turn on and off Bluetooth mode
- If the green LED is flashing, it is in Bluetooth mode
- If the LED is off and each button press flashes the red LED, it is in wired mode
- When you start a script, press and hold the Play/Pause button until the green LED's blink, you will then see a Bluetooth icon in the lower right corner
- You should now be able to control your phone/tablet via Bluetooth
- The green light will continue to flash while in Bluetooth mode
- Please note that it can only control one device at a time, if you pair with a different device, it will no longer control the first one
- To return to Wired mode and conserve battery life, press and hold the Play/Pause button until the blinking Green LED turns off and each subsequent button press flashes the red LED, returning it to Wired mode
- In the DV Prompter settings, select the appropriate WR-500 remote type for Wireless or Wired operation
- If the LED's do not respond to any button presses, you may need to replace the battery. Gently pry open the case at the seam running around the side of the remote, and gently push out and replace the CR 2032 battery. Make sure the rubber keyboard lines up with the circuit board before closing the remote casing
- If you still experience issues, go into the DV Prompter Settings and change the Remote Type to None, followed by Bluetooth - WR-500 again
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Q: My WR-500 remote is not showing up as an available device under the Bluetooth setting on my Android tablet. Is it a bad remote?
A: WR-500 uses Bluetooth version 4. If your Android tablet does not support Bluetooth version 4, you won't be able to use the WR-500 as a Bluetooth remote. However, you can still use it as a wired remote. You can check the Bluetooth version number of your Android tablet in the manufacturer's technical specifications of the device.