Datavideo PTC and BC Series
Install and Connection Setup
SETTINGS TO CHECK
- DIP switches on the bottom of the camera are set to:
|DIP 1||DIP 2||DIP 3||DIP 4||DIP 5||DIP 6||DIP 7||DIP 8|
- Cam Address on RMC-180 is set to "81"
- RS422 Baud Rate in menu is set to 38400 (default)
- DVIP Baud Rate in menu is set to 115200 (default)
- Baud Rate Troubleshooting Guide
Please note that our cameras do not use multiple VISCA ID's, because each camera is run straight to the controller instead of in series or daisy chained. So every camera has ID 1, which is reflected in having DIP switch 1 on and 2-3 off, followed by all 4 camera addresses in the RMC-180 menu settings set to 81, which is VISCA ID 1.
- If using the RMK-150 wall mount, please check behind the mounted cameras to see if any cables are touching the camera head, as this can explain impeded or stuttering pan motions.
- Please make sure that cameras are handled by the bottom base and not the head. Carrying a camera by the head may disrupt the motor's alignment, or damage the mechanical components inside.
- With the camera powered off, please try gently rotating the head by hand all the way left and right a few times, and test again.
- Avoid mounting cameras close to any HVAC systems as the vibrations can cause image instability, especially when zoomed in.
- Also avoid mounting cameras to balconies with foot traffic will vibrate, especially when zoomed in, please avoid these positions if possible.
- Please make sure the firmware on the cameras and RMC-180 are up to date.
- PTC-150 Firmware Update Guide
- RMC-180 Firmware Update Guide (coming soon, please see manual)
- Once everything is installed and updated, we recommend running the Reset All function in the menu to get the cameras back to factory settings before adjusting them with lighting for their initial setup.
CAMERA WILL NOT
Your camera is booting into sleep mode. Simply select the camera on the RMC-180 controller, then go into the RMC menu and select Power, followed by On.
If the camera does not respond, try selecting the camera on your IR remote and press the remote's power button.
If that does not work, make sure the remote is set to the same IR ID as the IR dip switches on the back of the camera near the video outputs
|DIP 1||DIP 2||DIP 3||DIP 4|