MCU Series Frequently
AD-1 Update Failed
- Please note that the AD-1 can only be updated using a Windows 7 computer.
- Using Windows 10 will cause the unit to not be recognized by the MCU.
- Using Windows 7 compatibility mode on Windows 10 will not resolve this issue.
- The MCU main unit is not affected by this issue.
RJ45 Pin Layouts
Max Cable Length
- What is the max length of the Ethernet cable for connecting the MCU to each AD-1?
- Connection Distance Up to 300m (CAT-5 or CAT6)
- A recent test confirmed that it should work at lengths up to 1000m
- The RS-422 baud rate between the MCU-100/200 and AD-1 is 125 kbps
- The MCU only supports a RS-422 serial protocol and not an Ethernet/IP one
Downloading Firmware Updates
- Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your camera model and we will send the latest firmware version that best supports your cameras
Camera Model Troubleshooting
Q: My MCU-100/MCU-200 is able to control all functions except for my Panasonic camera's iris. What am I doing wrong?
A: Make sure your Panasonic camera’s iris control on the lens is set to “auto” as this will enable iris control from the MCU-100/MCU-200.